Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training courses teach people to spot the symptoms of mental health issues, offer initial help and guide a person towards support.
About the course
We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
We have training options to suit a range of timescales and budgets, from basic mental health awareness sessions to a full Mental Health First Aider qualification. They are all designed to benefit employees, line managers, HR professionals, OH workers and senior leaders alike – to let all your people meet the challenges of the workplace head on.
Our two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. Mental Health First Aiders have:
* An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
* Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
* Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
* Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
* Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.