Our Level 3 First Aid at Work course will help to improve your knowledge and understanding of first aid requirements of the workplace
About this course
During this 3 days training course, you will learn about cross infection, basic safety equipment use, incident management and how to report emergencies in line with your business regulations.
You will also be shown how to appropriately treat someone who is bleeding, choking or suffering from shock. Our experienced trainers will explain the best way to deal with life threatening conditions such as seizures, unconsciousness or a non-breathing casualty. In addition, you will be shown how to handle a situation where the casualty is having a heart attack, anaphylaxis, asthma and cardiac arrest.
All students will be assessed by the expert trainers throughout the duration of the course and they will also be given a theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject.
The aim of the Level 3 First aid at Work is to give students the essential, life-saving skills that will prepare them for basic and urgent medical care in the workplace.
By attending the course, students will be able to:
* Describe their role as the first aider and what their duties will be in the workplace. They will also be able to reference the available medical equipment and when these will need to be used
* Explain how they should report emergencies in line with their employer’s safety regulations
* Demonstrate how to administer medical treatment for a range of situations, including asthma, choking, bleeds, shock, unconsciousness and seizures
* Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
* Treat patients who have injured their bones, require CPR, had a bang to their head, suffering an anaphylactic shock or breathing problems
* Demonstrate effective casualty care, management and movement
* Explain how you can quickly and effectively treat someone who’s been crushed, exposed to smoke inhalation, poisoned, burned or has abdominal pain/injury